Monday, May 29, 2023

Cavalry Prep - French Hussars and Austrian Dragoons

 I purchased the Cavalry set from Revell which is actually Seven Years War Prussian Hussars and Austrian Dragoons. I soaked the figures overnight in Dawn dishwashing detergent and water to remove any chemical agents that may still be on the figures. 

The set wasn't too expensive, about $18, but I do get Dragoons and Hussars which seems reasonable. Theyy are Seven years War but seem a suitable substitute for Hussars and Dragoons present at or before Marengo. 


The Dragoons have descent sword bearing poses. and should be able to fit 3 horses per base. 



I was surprised at the lack of flash present. There is almost nothing to clean off of the figures.



I plan to base the Hussars at 2 figures per base to represent their lack of shock attack ability. There were few Hussars present which means I will have about 3 or 4 bases representing the 1st (1 squadron) and 12th (4 squadrons) Hussars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment