Friday, May 5, 2023

French and Austrian Update

Scale 1/72 Manufacturers : HaT and Italeri I have been working on the 1/72 project off and on over the winter. The gray primer with the Nuln Oil wash seems to be the best method for the Austrians. I then dry brush white about 3 times to bring up the color. I then use Snakebite leather contrast paint for the back pack and a medium gray contrast paint for the bedroll. The HaT Austrians were on sale for $8.00 for a box of 48 marching infantry. with 6 figures to a 40mm square base I can get 8 bases from a single box.
The 2 ranks per base gives a nice result. I need to complete about 40 bases for the Marengo campaign if I use the Volley and Bayonet order of battle. I still need to buy Grenzers. I was able to get 2 boxes of Fusiliers as well from Italeri which cost about $14 per box.
I was able to complete about 40 bases of French which make up 10 Demibrigades. I hope to finish all the units by the end of Summer 2023 and then start on the terrain boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment