Thursday, May 18, 2023

On the bench 5/18/23

 The Italeri Austrian infantry will be used for Grenz Infantry and mounted as light infantry.  This way I can use them for Volley and Bayonet as units or as skirmishing light infantry for General D"Armee 2. They are a slight taller than the HaT figures and they don't look good on the same base. 




I then completed 2 bases of Hungarian Infantry. I need to get another box of HaT Austrians Marching to finish 2 more bases. I was surprised how easy and fun it was to paint these cheap plastics. I think the result is better than I visualized. 


The Austrian line infantry were based 6 figures on a 40mm x 40mm base. 




I am using the mounted commander in the Austrian command box from HaT as an ADC or as a brigade commander depending on the rules to be used. They are on 32mm round bases, 


I hope to have both sides completed for a game by the end of the year. To take a break from the relentless sea of white uniforms I decided to touch up my early war Germans for a 1940 game against the French, The SHQ figures are over20 years old and they needed some extra touch up work. A little Agrax earthshade and fresh German uniform and new basing grass and they are good enough for me. I had no idea I had over 40.  










No comments:

Post a Comment