Thursday, July 27, 2023

6mm buildings bought at Historicon.

I made several 6mm terrain purchases for my deep dive into the Fistful of Tows3 project. I plan on a WW2 game involving US/German forces at the Battler of the Bulge. I am still deciding on which portion of the battle to pursue. Perhaps Kampfgruppe Peiper's drive thropugh Stavelot or actions involving the US 99th infantry division or another section of the vast campaign. I did decide to start with terrain. 

Battlefield Terrain Concepts has a nice selection and is always present at HMGS conventions. The bridge pack (3 bridges) has a nice variety of the types of bridges encountered throughout Belgium. I also bought a few village packs to add variety to my other building purchases. These are resin cast and I am not sure what they will look like when painted up next to the 3D printed buildings of  Diabolical Terrain. 

 https://battlefield-terrain-concepts.myshopify.com/



 Diabolical Terrain - I don't usually preorder items as I like to see them first hand before a purchase. The models are as nice as the pictures on their website. I purchased the Normandy town houses and countryside sets and was not disappointed. For $55 I was able to obtain 18 buildings to flesh out a game board. I was also able to get more buildings at Wally's basement for $1 a piece which I will post later. I will probably buy more building from this company to for other scales. The quality of the buildings from Diabolical are exceptional. There is no flash or clean up. They are affordable and the service is excellent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment