Monday, July 17, 2023

Terrain Board - Rocherath-Krinkelt

 I decided to put some terrain boards together for a Battle of the Bulge skirmish game. I purchased the blue insulation foam and sketched the layout. I have some left over buildings from a purchase at a train show flea market. The villages of Rocherath and Krinkelt was dispersed in some of the areas due to its rural nature. I plan to build a snow covered village where close quarter fighting was common. I wanted terrain that would be pleasing to the eye as I am tired of playing on cloth, blakets and fabric. I hope to hav this done for Fall In later this year. 




To build up the road, field and heavy traveled areas I plan to use silcon mixed with coffee. 





    


I then added magnets which will secure the boards while playing. The 24 pack will be enough for 3 of the 4 boards. 




I still need to add the hedges, fences and various terrain pieces. Then I will paint with 1 part Mod Podge, 1 part brown paint and coffee grouns added for texture. This will seal the board and give a base color to build up the snow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment