Sunday, July 30, 2023

Terrain Board for Rocherath-Krinkelt and 5150 Terminator playtest

 My first attempt at a proper terrain board continues. I framed out the first board, used a Mod Podge/Chocolate brown/Coffe grounds mixture to cover the roads. Apparantly the roads were in very bad shape as they were unpaved and heavily travelled. One account from my reading is that tanks were sinking up to their deck as they moved through the village. 

I used a lot of coffee grounds to heavily texture the roads. When I complete the snow I will use less texture to reflect less travelled areas of the countryside outside of town. 


I didn't use as much paint or Mod Podge as I thought I would so I was able to complete the roads on all 3 boards. I also used some flock for weeds and brush that are sticking up through the snowfall. This should break up some of the white with dead vegetation. 





I was also able to get in a playtest game of 5150 for a Terminator game, a favorite set of rules. The terminators are not killed off immediate but lose repuation with each KIA (-2 Rep) or Out Of Fight result (-1 Rep). They start as a Rep 5 so they slow down and become less accrate, when they lose the last Rep point they send off a recovery beacon which draws more Terminators. The goal of the game is for the human players to cross the battlefield and down load information from a Hunter/Killer that had been shut down. 



Terminators randomly appear and took out a team from behind. 

The Hunter Killer lies in the center. 

Over watch with a minigun 



We got in 2 games and are still working out details for a game at Fall in. W need to work on the terrain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment