Monday, March 4, 2024

Cold Barrage was Fantastic

 My son and I had a great time at the one day event. 

I played "Save the Montcalm" a re-skinning of another game "Save the Wellington". 

Save the Montcalm was set in Vietnam in the 1880's and the French are trying to run a gauntlet of Native troops. The French players are playing a game within the game by managing resources to keep the ship operational. Damage control, navigation and the ships defense all require figures so each lost figure strains the ability of the crew to keep moving and firing. 


                                        









There were several other games of different genres. Some were even being playtested for Historicon. 


  A Really nice portable 6mm game. 


An old favorite was in constant play all day.



I think this was Big Ttrouble in Little China set in the Boxer Rebellion era, but I am not sure. 




My second game was a Herero war game hosted by Roy Jones. It was very informative.





Wacky Races are a throw back to my childhood. 









No comments:

Post a Comment