Sunday, March 25, 2012

Greenburg Train Show

On a dreary Saturday my wife and I decided to go to the Greenburg train show in Wilmington Delaware. I am not a model train enthusiast but the hobby does interest me. I wanted to go to see some terrain building ideas and to see if I could pick up some items not normally carried at a war game convention.

The cost for the day was $7.00 and kids under 12 are admitted free. The shows ran from March 24 through March 25.

I found the trip to be inspirational. I did purchase 2 packs of O scale civilians for my Zombie game. for $10 you can get 6 painted figures. Packs include police, work crews, commuters, shoppers, and other important noncombatant types.  I also picked up a bag of jungle like terrain for $1.00. There were some broken buildings on sale for $1.00 as well in 1/100, 1/72 and 1/48 scale.


Chase center in Wilmington Delaware.....I wish a game convention would find its way here!


Modular boards used for transportation


Residential areas.


Over pass and roads


Foot paths and ballast


Fantastic stretch of terrain


Rock faces created through molds


Layers with shades of brown and green grass.


Odd pieces can be found


Different types of trees


A city block of clustered buildings


Row houses


Note the coloration of the fence

The really attractive part of the show is in the details. Something I seldom work on in our hobby. A very inspiring trip and I highly recommend that gamers attend to find some odd addition to a game. I have no plans to change hobbies but I will attend more of these shows to obtain some unique additions to my games. I think I need to spend some more time on terrain details as well as figure details.

No comments:

Post a Comment