Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Icehouse Gaming Area

If you are close to Delaware and looking for a great place to play a game you need to be here. The Icehouse is located in Newark and is in an industrial park that contains a refrigerated warehouse, hence the name. The site manager is a gamer and is using the empty office space for gaming. He is an imposing figure, but at his core he is a gamer and an all around nice guy.  Open gaming hours are typically Sunday 12:00 -5:00 pm and Monday 5:30pm - 9:00 pm so you can bring what you want and play anything. You can find the information at  http://www.meetup.com/Icehouse-Warriors/

When I first heard about the place I was a bit skeptical. It is located next to a refrigerated warehouse in an industrial park. I was thinking that the place would be in a run down area in a dark corner of a drafty room. I have worked in too many warehouses and had not relished the idea of playing in an area that reminded me of work. When I arrived I was stunned at what I saw. Lots of room and shelves full of terrain with over a dozen gaming tables.  Good lord was I wrong!






The room with the gaming area is well lit and very spacious. The terrain boards are built by Jesse Greene, the manager,  and other members of the Icehouse.


The terrain boards can be used for any time period and are well built with lots of detail. This board is about to be used for a Star Wars game in 28mm.


Do you wanna play Malifaux? The terrain is already available. Just bring some figures and a friend and play away.


Here is a board being used for a Flames of War game on the Russian Front. It is better than hauling all of your terrain with you.


Here is another Russian front board. The buildings are 15mm. I have taken my 20mm buildings for use on these boards for skirmish gaming.


This gaming area is home to tournaments for different rules systems.So if you are interested take a look at the link and give these guys a call. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment